Automatic PSD to CSS conversion service has got a new feature. Now, not only screenshot of the converted web site is available for preview, but you can also check out resulting HTML web layout! So, besides reviewing the visual result of PSD to HTML conversion you will be able to evaluate HTML layout itself. It will help you to avoid such situations as:
- Text layer was converted into image. This usually happens because text layer uses font that is not standard for web, i.e. such a font that most probably is not installed on the computer of a person who is going to view your web site. Change the layer's font to the standard one, like: Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, Times New Roman, Georgia, Palatino Linotype, Helvetica. After that CSS layout will contain text, not an image.
- Layers are grouped in a way you do not like. If layers in the PSD template are not grouped enough then PSD to HTML service tries to automatically group layers into rows and columns. Sometimes it may be done in a wrong way. To avoid it we recommend to group layers in PSD template logically. Tend to create layer groups for header, footer, main content and other rows and columns of elements. Also, never divide all layers into group of all texts and group of all images. It will help PSD to CSS conversion service to divide template into proper div blocks.
After uploading your PSD template evaluate the conversion result. If something has gone in a wrong way then update your PSD design properly an upload it again. Proceed with payment only if conversion result satisfies you. We hope this new feature of PSD to HTML service will help you to get better conversion results. Now, to create a web site is very easy and is almost free!
We are always open for your suggestions and observations. Feel free to contact us through the contact form or via support email address which is also published on the contacts page.
We fixed a rare case when PSD template created in Photoshop CS4 couldn't be converted with the PSD to CSS conversion service into web layout. PSD to XHTML conversion service became more robust.
PSD to HTML Conversion service was improved. An error was fixed that background was absent sometimes in the HTML/CSS web site layout converted from PSD design.
In some rare cases HTML website layout could contain text from Photoshop layer in the wrong encoding. Because of that some symbols could be displayed as squares or hieroglyphs. This error was fixed.
Existence of empty layers in the Photoshop template could cause an error during conversion of design template into CSS web site layout in some rare cases. This error was fixed.
We optimized HTML/CSS code generated by PSD file to HTML conversion service. Excessive div tags were eliminated, HTML markup for texts was improved. Size of the HTML code became 25-50% smaller. Web layout's markup became much more clearer. Besides of this, a lot of small improvements were implemented.
You can check out the portfolio to see generated HTML/CSS code, we updated it today. We recommend to use a Firebug extension for the browser to analyze generated CSS layouts.
Please, remember, that the way PSD design template is prepared has a great impact on how HTML/CSS div layout is generated. Because of poor preparation of design templates by authors, some layouts in our portfolio could have various shortcomings.
Sure, that's not all. We are going to present a lot of new enhancements soon!
PSD to CSS service PSD2HtmlConverter.com started to work!
New sites are emerging every day. Everybody knows that site development consists of three phases:
- Design development (most often they are in Adobe Photoshop format)
- Creation of HTML/CSS web layout from the Photoshop design template
- Integration with Java script, CMS, etc.
We help to speed up one of the site development phases, namely, creation of HTML markup from a graphic design. Through our service you can automatically convert your Photoshop design into a valid cross browser XHTML 1.0 Strict/CSS 2.1 markup in a minute! All you need is to prepare you Photoshop file according to simple rules. And as yet – completely free. We recommend you to download and get familiar with our examples of well-prepared Photoshop designs.
Photoshop to CSS service is under beta testing now.
Please, let us know about any errors you encounter while work with the service. Also, we would be glad to hear any suggestions regarding the PSD to HTML Converter service.