A lot of us get used to write from the left to the right. So it is accepted in English, Russian and a lot of other languages. But there are a lot of languages (like Arabian or Hebrew) in which LTR writing system is used. HTML and CSS provide support for both LTR and RTL writing system.
HTML provides a special attribute dir, that accepts two values:
- ltr - for the left to right writing system
- rtl - for the right to left writing system
However, using "dir" attribute is not welcomed because it is responsible for the appearance of the document, not for its structure. But cascading style sheets should be used to describe appearance.
In CSS there is a "direction" property that is responsible for:
- how the text is rendered in the block;
- position of the scroll bar in the blog;
- order of columns in the table;
- position of the orphan line in the text block with text-align: justify.
Psd to Css Online service now supports conversion of design templates with RTL text direction. We added an additional option for that on the PSD file upload page. Choose the text direction you need on your web page and then upload your PSD design. Psd to Html software will make all the work for you.
You can now upload files on the Psd to CSS Converter web site faster. We now allow you to upload a zip archive with a Psd design template inside. Psd files compress quite well. That allows you to save Internet traffic and reduce a time taken by file upload on the Psd to Html conversion server.
Limitation on the size of uncompressed PSD file remains the same - 30Mb. Moreover, zip archive must contain only one PSD file.
Would you like to get a free PSD to HTML/CSS conversion?
- Post the affiliate link at your website, blog, social network page (facebook, twitter, ...), on forums, etc.
- Send a link to that post at email@example.com.
- After verifying the link we’ll provide you with a free PSD to HTML conversion.
The more links you post, the more free PSD to HTML/CSS conversions you get.
We will give you 2 PSD to HTML/CSS conversions for a post with more than 150 words of the unique text. The text shall contain 2-3 links to our website. Each link should have an anchor text from the following list: “Psd to HTML”, “Psd to CSS”, “design to HTML”, “design to CSS” “Photoshop to HTML” “HTML layout”, “CSS layout”, “create a web site”, “HTML template”.
Besides, remember that for each person who visits our web site using your affiliate link you can get 3 free PSD to HTML/CSS conversions (for more details please check the terms of the offer).
In rare cases some HTML texts could be erroneously shifted to the left/right in the resulting CSS/HTML markup. In such an accident resulting CSS layout could differ from the uploaded PSD design. This issue was fixed.
Those, who are using automatic Psd to Html conversion service for a long time have already noted that Photoshop text layers are now converted into HTML text in a different way. In the past, text style of the first letter of a Photoshop text layer was used for all the converted layer's text. Now, all the text styles are extracted form the Photoshop text layer. Thus, you do not need anymore to divide your text layers into text layers with similar text style. Creating web sites has become easier.
Moreover, all the underlined texts are now converted into XHTML hyperlinks automatically by PSD to CSS conversion service. So, if you would like your text to be converted into a hyperlink you should mark it with a $link$ tag only in case your text has not underlined style. However, if you don't want your underlined text to be converted into a link you can simply mark such a text layer with a $nolink$ tag.
Some parts of PSD to CSS service's documentation were reworked. New information was added and old information was removed.
Step by step guide on PSD template preparation was updated. Number of guide's items was reduced from 7 to only 4. Using PSD to HTML service became much more easier. Create own website is quite simple now.
Recommendations concerning PSD file preparation were updated. For instance, we recommend you to use non-destructive methods for the design alteration. Instead of rasterizing layers with effects convert them into Smart Objects. Also, use Smart Objects to unite several layers of one image (for example, for logo, background, etc..).
Automatic PSD to CSS conversion service has got a new feature. Now, not only screenshot of the converted web site is available for preview, but you can also check out resulting HTML web layout! So, besides reviewing the visual result of PSD to HTML conversion you will be able to evaluate HTML layout itself. It will help you to avoid such situations as:
- Text layer was converted into image. This usually happens because text layer uses font that is not standard for web, i.e. such a font that most probably is not installed on the computer of a person who is going to view your web site. Change the layer's font to the standard one, like: Arial, Verdana, Tahoma, Times New Roman, Georgia, Palatino Linotype, Helvetica. After that CSS layout will contain text, not an image.
- Layers are grouped in a way you do not like. If layers in the PSD template are not grouped enough then PSD to HTML service tries to automatically group layers into rows and columns. Sometimes it may be done in a wrong way. To avoid it we recommend to group layers in PSD template logically. Tend to create layer groups for header, footer, main content and other rows and columns of elements. Also, never divide all layers into group of all texts and group of all images. It will help PSD to CSS conversion service to divide template into proper div blocks.
After uploading your PSD template evaluate the conversion result. If something has gone in a wrong way then update your PSD design properly an upload it again. Proceed with payment only if conversion result satisfies you. We hope this new feature of PSD to HTML service will help you to get better conversion results. Now, to create a web site is very easy and is almost free!
We are always open for your suggestions and observations. Feel free to contact us through the contact form or via support email address which is also published on the contacts page.
We fixed a rare case when PSD template created in Photoshop CS4 couldn't be converted with the PSD to CSS conversion service into web layout. PSD to XHTML conversion service became more robust.
We added multilingual support at the PSD to CSS converter service's forum. Now forum's interface is available in two languages: English and Russian. Forum itself is divided into two categories: forum in English and Forum in Russian. So, now more people can discuss automatic PSD to HTML conversion service.