Quite often web designers use several Photoshop layers to represent one entire image. However, web developer usually wants to represent this image with only one physical file.
Let's see how automated psd to html/css conversion will work out in such case. By default, separate image file will be created for each Photoshop image layer. Obviously, it will have a negative effect on the resulting html markup:
- a lot of images will be created,
- size of the web page will increase, and hence the loading time will also increase,
- html code will become less readable
It's very simple to deal with this problem, though. You can use one of two non-destructive techniques, described below:
- Create new Layer Group and put there all layers that correspond to the image. Mark that group with the $merge$ tag. In the process of automated PSD to HTML conversion this group will be merged into one layer.
- Another way is to convert these layers into a single Smart Object. Select desired layers in the Layers palette and launch "Layer" -> "Smart Objects" -> "Convert to Smart Object" command.
Such approach will lead to the better quality of automated psd to html conversion. Moreover, you will find that structure of your PSD templates become much better, easy to understand and work with.
Today automatic PSD to HTML conversion service was moved to the new more powerful server. Now conversion of PSD template to HTML/CSS markup is performed 10-15 times faster then before.
Also the limitation on the maximum PSD file upload size was changed. Now we allow PSD files of size up to 40Mb. Presumably, after the thorough testing we will allow to upload PSD files of even bigger size.
Furthermore, quite soon the new website design will be published and the service will be fully revised.
Our blog has not been updated for quite a long time. But why? Do you think we casted the project away? Nope. Conversely, we are to busy with its development Today we would like to make a sneak peek at the future projects development.
- Very soon we will update the website's design with much more contemporary, usable and clear one.
- HTML and CSS code generator is being fully reworked now. New algrithms of design template recognition are implemented. We are now able to develop such things that it was impossible for us to implement earlier. Also, we will be able to develop new features much more quicker now.
- We will launch the service of free PSD template slicing into images.
- We work not only on generation of simple HTML/CSS code, but on generation of templates for CMS's. We would not reveal yet what CMS's we are talking about. By the way, for what CMS's you would like us to generate the templates? Tell us either via 'Feedback' widget or leave your comments right here.
It was a short overview of things you will see in the quite near future. We will describe each feature in more detailes in our future postings.
An error was fixed because of which in some rare cases user of the PSD to CSS service did not receive a letter with conversion details and a download link.
For the period of Christmas and New Year holidays we are setting the 50% discounts for all - for single page PSD to HTML conversions, for packages of PSD to CSS conversions, for unlimited PSD to XHTML conversion subscriptions!
Discounts are only available till 7-Jan!
A lot of us get used to write from the left to the right. So it is accepted in English, Russian and a lot of other languages. But there are a lot of languages (like Arabian or Hebrew) in which LTR writing system is used. HTML and CSS provide support for both LTR and RTL writing system.
HTML provides a special attribute dir, that accepts two values:
- ltr - for the left to right writing system
- rtl - for the right to left writing system
However, using "dir" attribute is not welcomed because it is responsible for the appearance of the document, not for its structure. But cascading style sheets should be used to describe appearance.
In CSS there is a "direction" property that is responsible for:
- how the text is rendered in the block;
- position of the scroll bar in the blog;
- order of columns in the table;
- position of the orphan line in the text block with text-align: justify.
Psd to Css Online service now supports conversion of design templates with RTL text direction. We added an additional option for that on the PSD file upload page. Choose the text direction you need on your web page and then upload your PSD design. Psd to Html software will make all the work for you.
You can now upload files on the Psd to CSS Converter web site faster. We now allow you to upload a zip archive with a Psd design template inside. Psd files compress quite well. That allows you to save Internet traffic and reduce a time taken by file upload on the Psd to Html conversion server.
Limitation on the size of uncompressed PSD file remains the same - 30Mb. Moreover, zip archive must contain only one PSD file.
We reworked the scheme of payment and made in much more flexible. Now, besides buying single PSD to CSS conversion you can buy subscription on unlimited use of the design to HTML conversion service and create as many web pages as you need to!
You can buy unlimited subscription to use the PSD to XHTML conversion service for one or several days. Right after you buy the subscription the countdown timer starts. Time to the end of subscription will be shown in the information window on the Online Profile page. If you have an active subscription and buy another one, then time of the new subscription will be added to the remaining time of the old subscription.
Experiment with the design template as long as you want - change layers ordering and groupping, add "tags", etc. Do as many PSD to HTML conversions as you need to.
Please, note that:
- You can also buy a one-day subscription during the conversion process, after a PSD file's upload and conversion.
- You can view history of all payments at the payments history page.
- If you think that having several conversions, which will never expire, is more convenient that having unlimited subscripton for the limited time, please consider buying just several conversions.
One day of unlimited use subscription cost only $10 (US dollars). So, you can now create a multiple page web site almost for free!
A lot of time has gone since the first publication of the video guide about the service of automatic Psd to XHTML Conversion. Since that time service has changed dramatically and old video became irrelevant. That's why we are updating the video tutorial which shows how easy it is to use the service of automated PSD to CSS conversion.
Several days ago PayPal included Russia in the list of countries which are allowed to receive PayPal payments. Before that day Russian users were only allowed to send money.
Sure, we took the advantage of that and now automatic Psd to Html conversion service provides ability to pay for conversions with PayPal. So, making payments is now much more easier and safer.